All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn Clearing the Air: Art of the Bowel Movement, physician Lee Baumann provides a detailed description of the anatomy, physiology, and proper care of one of our body's most valuable resources: the terminal bowel. Few people, including many physicians, understand the sequential, complex, and consequential nature of the underappreciated organs involved: the sigmoid colon, rectum, and anus. Despite the rectum's superior sagacity and judgment, the anal sphincter commands undue control over the final decision-making algorithm. As such, the overbearing anus may exercise its unrestrained power to the veritable detriment of its host. The unpleasant consequences of an anal-retentive sphincter include simple constipation (the majority of its victims), diverticular disease (50% of people over the age of 60), and even material obstruction in the more severe cases. All of these unpleasant effects are avoidable for the rmal bowel. In Art of the Bowel Movement, Dr. Baumann offers simple medical recommendations and practices for preventing and avoiding the penalties of yielding to the impulsive and demanding anus. Kwledge of the physiology of our intestines, the use of supplemental dietary fiber, and respecting the vital supplications of the obeisant rectum will go far in addressing and ameliorating these bodily concerns.
- Author BiographyT. Lee Baumann of Birmingham, Alabama is an author, lecturer, and physician. Of special note: all of the proceeds from Dr. Baumann's books go to support his God at the Speed of Light college scholarship endowments in the southeastern United States and South Africa.
- Author(s)T Lee Baumann
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.