All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- Description<p>In 2009 the University of Utah Press and the Utah State Historical Society co-published three volumes of long out-of-print journals, letters, and other documents from John Wesley Powell's expeditions down the Colorado River. We are proud to anunce the fourth and final volume. Cleaving an Unkwn World collects Powell's journal ( Smithsonian Journal of History, 1968); Jack Hillers's diary and photographs, previously published as Photographed All the Best Scenery, edited by Don D. Fowler (University of Utah Press, 1972); original maps from Francis Marion Bishop ( Utah Historical Quarterly, 1969); Frederick S. Dellenbaugh's letters ( Utah Historical Quarterly, 1969); and John C. Sumner's journal from the first Powell expedition ( Utah Historical Quarterly, 1969). Roy Webb's foreword provides the context for these disparate pieces.<p>This beautifully illustrated book features Hillers's photographs--long regarded as a remarkable and unique record of the Colorado River and the Grand Canyon. Cleaving an Unkwn World belongs in the library of any reader interested in the exploration of the American West.<br>
- Author BiographyDon Fowleris Mamie Kleberg Distinguished Professor of Historic Preservation and Anthropology Emeritus, University of Nevada, Reno. He is the author of numerous publications on the archaeology and anthropology of the American Southwest, including The Glen Canyon Country: A Personal Memoir (University of Utah Press, 2011), A Laboratory for Anthropology (University of Utah Press, 2010), and is co-editor, with Linda Cordell, of Southwest Archaeology in the Twentieth Century (University of Utah Press, 2005).
- PublisherUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/02/2012
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationSalt Lake City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Weight680 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDon Fowler
- Foreword byRoy Webb
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.