All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionCLEFT PALATE & CRANIOFACIAL ANOMALIES: EFFECTS ON SPEECH AND RESONANCE, International Edition is the only book of its kind to cover both oral and facial amalies, as well as cleft palate. Designed as a how-to guide for the practicing clinician, this book emphasizes what students need to kw in the workplace to evaluate and treat individuals with speech disorders related to structural amalies. Common craniofacial amalies, associated amalies, and genetic syndromes are also included. There is basic information on anatomy, physiology, and embryology of the face and oral cavity. The book covers how oral, dental, and ENT amalies affect speech, resonance, and feeding. The evaluation section includes practical information on how to conduct a perceptual evaluation of speech and resonance and an intraoral examination. An overview chapter on instrumental procedures is provided for students, and chapters on how to perform and interpret these procedures is provided for clinicians. The treatment section includes surgical procedures and the use of prosthetic devices. Specific speech-therapy techniques are described for the treatment of speech errors associated with resonance disorders and velopharyngeal dysfunction. The need for multidisciplinary team assessment and treatment is also stressed. This book is easy to read to maximize learning. Many quality illustrative videos and video case studies are used to provide practical kwledge on how to evaluate and treat affected individuals.
- Author BiographyAnn W. Kummer, Ph.D. CCC-SLP is Senior Director of the Division of Speech Pathology at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center and Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, and also Professor of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. Under her direction, the speech pathology program at Cincinnati Children's has grown to be one of the largest and most respected in the country. Dr. Kummer does many lectures and seminars on a national and international level. She is the author of many professional articles, 18 book chapters in speech pathology and medical texts, and a textbook on craniofacial anomalies. She has a patent on a clinical device (the Oral & Nasal Listener) and developed the SNAP Test for the Nasometer (KayPENTAX). Dr. Kummer has received honors of the Ohio Speech-Language- Hearing Association (OSHLA); the Elwood Chaney Outstanding Clinician Award from OSHLA; distinguished alumnus award from the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders of the University of Cincinnati; and Fellow of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). She was named one of the 25 most influential therapists in the US by Therapy Times in 2006, and was named one of the 10 most inspiring women in Cincinnati by Inspire Magazine in 2007.
- Author(s)Ann Kummer
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Weight1125 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Paperback and 1 Digital online
- Edition Statement3rd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.