All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCleopatra's Wedding Present is the rare book that captivates its reader from the very first page. Tewdwr Moss, a brilliant young writer who was murdered in London the day he finished the book, left this lyrical gem as his legacy. He adeptly captures an essence of the Middle East that is foreign to most of us, but which becomes real with his astute observations of the region's culture and explosive politics. He conveys what so many westerners find both fascinating and frightening in the Middle East, making attempt to mask circumstances that are appalling and dangerous while also exotic and beautiful. And sometimes, very funny. Like the best travel books, Robert Tewdwr Moss's memoir of his travels through Syria is a profoundly telling vivisection of Middle Eastern society, a chilling history of ethnic crimes, a picaresque adventure story, a purely entertaining travelogue, and a poignant romance.
- Author BiographyUntil his untimely death in 1996 Robert Tewdwr Moss was a journalist of astonishing versatility. He first made his mark as Diary Editor of the Books section of The Sunday Times. He also contributed to magazines as varied as Tatler, Woman's Journal, Harpers and Queen and Africa Events. He was born in 1961. He completed this book on the day he died.
- Author(s)Robert Tewdwr Moss
- PublisherDuckworth Overlook
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.