All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.19Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a cougar attacks a hiker in Mesa Verde National Park, the Landons have ather mystery on their hands. Jack and Ashley are used to visiting parks with their wildlife veterinarian mother and photographer father, but this time their hands are full with a foster child called Lucky Deal. As Lucky and Jack become friends, Ashley becomes suspicious: What did Lucky take from the burn site? Who did she call in the night? In a midnight showdown at Spruce Tree House, Jack realizes there's more to fear than a killer cat. <i>Cliff-Hanger</i> weaves Native American folklore, natural science, and geography into a heart-pounding thriller. The afterword by Will Morris, Chief of Interpretation and Visitor Services at Mesa Verde, outlines the dangers of cougar attacks and the need to protect wild animals. National Geographic supports K-12 educators with ELA Common Core Resources.Visitwww.natgeoed.org/commoncorefor more information.
- Author BiographyAlane Ferguson is an award-winning writer. Her first mystery, <i>Show Me the Evidence, </i> won the Edgar Award, given by the Mystery Writers of America. She lives in Elizabeth, CO. Award-winning author Gloria Skurzynski has written almost 60 children's books. Her non-fiction book, <i>Almost the Real Thing, </i> won the American Institute of Physics Science Writing Award. She has written several nonfiction books for National Geographic, including <i>Are We Alone, </i> an NSTA Outstanding Science Trade Book for Young People and an IRA/CBC Young Adults' Choice for 2006. She lives in Boise, ID.
- Author(s)Alane Ferguson,Gloria Skurzynski
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication08/05/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleNational Parks Mysteries (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Weight159 g
- Width136 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.