All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe original CliffsNotes study guides offer a look into critical elements and ideas within classic works of literature. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format. CliffsNotes on The Importance of Being Earnest offers a concise look at this Victorian farce, which tweaks the complacency and aristocratic attitudes prevalent among the wealthy upper class of the time. Hidden identities, fierce repartee, underlying passions, and surprises punctuate this lively play. This study guide shows, through its expert commentaries, just how three sets of lovers clear up mishap and misunderstandings and end up happily ever after. Other features that help you figure out this survey of Victorian social issues include* A close look at the author's life, which itself was rife with scandal and ruin* Summaries and commentaries, act by act* Descriptive character analyses* A character map that reveal key relationships* Critical essays on Victorian views on compassion, religion, marriage, and more* A review section that tests your kwledge, and suggested essay topics Classic literature or modern-day treasure - you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
- Author BiographySusan Van Kirk has taught high school English in Monmouth, Illinois, for 30 years.
- Author(s)Susan Van Kirk
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication19/12/2003
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCliffs Notes Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight120 g
- Width141 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.