All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionCovering the various aspects of water and climate change, Climate Change and Water Resources presents the principles of climate change science and its effects on earth's water supply. Utilizing the kwledge and expertise from well-kwn experts in the field, the text provides a broad outline of the many interrelated aspects of climate variations, climate change, and connections to water resources. Designed to help managers with developing strategies, implementing policies, and investing in infrastructure and information sources for integrated water resources management, the text addresses many issues regarding climate change and water resources. It also includes adaptation options, which are essential to water resource sustainability. The material is divided into four sections. The first part of the book provides an introduction to climate change and considers theoretical aspects and available tools. The second part of the book examines the impacts that climate change has on the water sector. The third part focuses on the different adaptation measures needed to minimize the effects of climate change. The fourth part presents a number of case studies. Focused on climate change in the water sector, Climate Change and Water Resources closely analyzes scientific research and fuels study for a greater understanding of climate change and the proper management of water. This text is useful for undergraduate and postgraduate students, scientists, and design engineers as well as those working at research institutes and implementing and planning agencies.
- Author BiographyDr. Sangam Shrestha is assistant professor of Water Engineering and Management (WEM) at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand, and a visiting faculty of the University of Yamanashi, Japan. His research interests are in the field of water resources, climate change and adaptation in water. After completing his PhD, Dr. Shrestha continued his postdoctoral research in the Global Centre of Excellence (GCOE) project at the University of Yamanashi in Japan. He has published nearly two dozen peer-reviewed articles in refereed journals and regularly reviews articles for several international journals.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/06/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note80 black & white illustrations, 52 black & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byMukand S. Babel,Sangam Shrestha,Vishnu Prasad Pandey
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.