All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionClimate is a paradigm of a complex system. Analysing climate data is an exciting challenge, which is increased by n-rmal distributional shape, serial dependence, uneven spacing and timescale uncertainties. This book presents bootstrap resampling as a computing-intensive method able to meet the challenge. It shows the bootstrap to perform reliably in the most important statistical estimation techniques: regression, spectral analysis, extreme values and correlation. This book is written for climatologists and applied statisticians. It explains step by step the bootstrap algorithms (including vel adaptions) and methods for confidence interval construction. It tests the accuracy of the algorithms by means of Monte Carlo experiments. It analyses a large array of climate time series, giving a detailed account on the data and the associated climatological questions. This makes the book self-contained for graduate students and researchers.
- Author BiographyManfred Mudelsee received his diploma in Physics from the University of Heidelberg and his doctoral degree in Geology from the University of Kiel. He was then postdoc in Statistics at the University of Kent at Canterbury, research scientist in Meteorology at the University of Leipzig and visiting scholar in Earth Sciences at Boston University; currently he does climate research at the Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research, Bremerhaven. His science focuses on climate extremes, time series analysis and mathematical simulation methods. He has authored over 50 peer-reviewed articles. In his 2003 Nature paper, Mudelsee introduced the bootstrap method to flood risk analysis. In 2005, he founded the company Climate Risk Analysis.
- Author(s)Manfred Mudelsee
- Date of Publication06/11/2012
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleAtmospheric and Oceanographic Sciences Library
- Series Part/Volume Number42
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note47 black & white tables, biography
- Weight708 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.