Climatology: An Atmospheric Science by Mary Snow, John E. Oliver, Richard Snow, John J. Hidore (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $265.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $195.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionTaking the study of atmospheric science beyond the daily weather map, Climatology explores the broader impacts of weather and climate. The authors cover multiple facets of climate, many of which play a significant role in everyday life-and examine many topics, such as past climates that are seldom adequately covered in other introductory texts. The science behind widely publicized events is explained within the systematic coverage of climate and climatology. In the Third Edition, data and information have been updated throughout and significant coverage is devoted to climate change.
- Author BiographyJohn Hidore is retired from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. John's work has taken him to regions across the globe-including the Middle East, where he conducted research for a year in the Sudan, and later witnessed the breakout of civil war in Beirut, Lebanon in 1975. He has also worked and traveled in Saudi Arabia and Israel. Richard Snow and Mary Snow are both Associate Professors of Meteorology at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, where their program focuses on the theory and study of climatology, as well as its applications to industrial and business operations. They are new to this edition of Climatology. John E. Oliver, deceased, received a bachelor's degree from London University and his master's and doctoral degrees from Columbia University in New York. He taught at Columbia University and in 1973 joined the faculty at Indiana State University in Terre Haute, Indiana. During his tenure at Indiana State, John served terms as Chair of the Geography-Geology Department and as the Associate Dean, College of Arts and Science. He was Professor Emeritus at the time of his death in May 2008. John Oliver distinguished himself as the author of numerous books and articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals. He wrote extensively in the areas of climatology and physical geography. Among his major works is the Encyclopedia of World Climatology (2005), which he edited. John was co-founder of the journal Physical Geography and served as climatology editor of the journal from 1979-2000. In honor of his teaching, research, and university administration, he received the Distinguished Professor award from the College of Arts and Science at Indiana State University. The Climate Specialty Group in the Association of American Geographers presented him the first Lifetime Achievement Award (1998) for his many contributions to the study of climatology and to that professional organization.
- Author(s)John E. Oliver,John J. Hidore,Mary Snow,Richard Snow
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication20/08/2009
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps, figures, colour plates
- Weight998 g
- Width220 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.