All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChallenge and train your hands, feet, body and brain with over 120 climbing games. This book is for anyone wanting to have fun climbing while developing crucial skills. The games described can be used in a wide range of activities from working on specific skills to fun warm-ups. As an aid to a climbing session or as the sole activity, climbing movements can be broken down and practised in a safe but challenging environment.The book takes an introductory look at which specific aspects of climbing and methods of coaching are important - together with some aspects of sports science, this give the text a dual purpose as a coaching manual and as an encyclopaedia of games.Many of these games are particularly suited to those that are new to climbing and wish to improve their skills. If you're new to climbing, you'll find games which introduce some essential skills (such as 'crimping' a hold). Equally, old hands may welcome new games as an aid to helping friends progress or as an addition to a weekly climbing session.As a qualified instructor or an informal coach teaching friends or a parent teaching their children, this book provides an invaluable tool for hours of practical training or even just entertainment for rainy afterons! The easy to use format allows those coaching or even the client themselves to select their own games based on current needs and desires. The overview of skills employed in each game will help you turn play into progress.
- Author BiographyPaul Smith has been teaching climbing throughout the UK and in many parts of the world. He holds the Mountain Instructor Award and is an Aspirant Level 5 Kayak Coach. As well as being a full member of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors, he is also an Institute for Outdoor Learning Accredited Practitioner. Paul divides his time between working as the Head of Outdoor Learning at a state school in Worcestershire and running his own business - Rock and Water Adventures, mainly involved in technical advice for outdoor centres and climbing walls. Paul is a Climbing Wall Award (CWA) and Single Pitch Award (SPA) provider for Mountain Leader Training England (MLTE).
- Author(s)Dr. Paul Smith
- PublisherPesda Press
- Date of Publication16/04/2009
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationBangor
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPesda Press
- Content Notecolour photos
- Width200 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.