Climbing a Few of Japan's 100 Famous Mountains - Volume 6: Mt. Shirane (Kusatsu) by Daniel H Wieczorek, Kazuya Numazawa (Paperback / softback, 2014)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
About this product
- DescriptionNot everyone summits mountains and t everyone can capture the experience with stunning photographs. Daniel and Kazuya have done just that! Join them on Mt. Shirane-Kusatsu in Gunma Prefecture, Japan in this volume and see the amazing splendor of the beautifully colored volcanic lake or pond here kwn as Yugama, shown in the lower photo on the front cover, which they have captured in unique photos taken under various weather conditions. In addition to Mt. Shirane-Kusatsu they give you an up close look at the scenery on Mt. Moto-Shirane and even long distance views of the smoking Mt. Asama volca. No matter where you are in the world you'll savor this one-of-a-kind armchair adventure. You're sure to find a favorite among their seventy-six photographs and enjoy reading their accompanying informative comments on each of their climbs here.
- Author BiographyDaniel Wieczorek was born in 1947 in Ionia, Michigan. He graduated from the University of Michigan with a B.S. in Forestry in 1969. He moved to Oregon to work in the field of forestry in 1971. That was followed by a move to Alaska in 1975, where he continued his career in forestry. After about a 14 year career in forestry, Daniel decided to do something different and he served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in The Philippines from 1985 - 1987. Upon completion of his Peace Corps service he returned to Alaska, where he attended the University of Alaska - Fairbanks and received an M.B.A. in 1991. This was followed by a move to South Korea in 1992, where Daniel taught English to Korean people wishing to improve their English Language skills. Daniel's next stop was in New York City, where he worked as temporary staff at Deutsche Bank from 1998 - 2001. He left NYC in March 2001 and moved on to his present home in Mitaka City, Tokyo, Japan. He is teaching English in Japan and at this time he's been teaching as a career for about 17 years. He has been hiking, climbing and doing photography since he was about 12 years old. At the present time he likes to go hiking/mountain climbing at every possible opportunity with his partner Kazuya Numazawa.
- Author(s)Daniel H Wieczorek,Kazuya Numazawa
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.