All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.34Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionMachine translation of language isn't rocket science. It's even more difficult. Despite revolutionary leaps in hardware, software, and linguistics throughout the 20th century, techlogy has delivered only rudimentary solutions for a handful of the world's 6800 languages. By 2035, however, advances in computers and artificial intelligence, the convergence of information-based devices, and the maturity of linguistics and programming tools will dissolve barriers to language and bring game-changing transparency to this greatest human challenge. Perfect machine translation will permit instantaneous availability of all languages, fusion with video and imagery data-streams, and unprecedented multi-domain awareness. In short, machine translation will guarantee communication and understanding. Accordingly, the Air Force and the Department of Defense must plan w to integrate this spectacular capability to further a gamut of national security interests.
- Author(s)Aras Suziedelis
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight95 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.