Clinging to the Wreckage: Another Part of Life by Sir John Mortimer (Paperback, 1986)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.02Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by leura-books-music
- Est. delivery by 29 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first volume of his bestselling autobiography, velist, playwright and former barrister John Mortimer relates all the pleasures and paradoxes of his early life. With wit and style, he takes us from his unusual childhood (his father, a blind barrister, insisted that his wife read the sordid details of his divorce briefs in public) to the dilemmas of his life in the law (one of his clients indignantly declared, 'Your Mr Rumpole could've gotten me out of this, why the hell can't you!'). Filled with laughter and a sense of the absurd, Clinging to the Wreckage is an extraordinary insight into the rich life of one of the great figures of our time.
- Author BiographyJohn Mortimer is a playwright, novelist, and former practicing barrister who has written many film scripts as well as stage, radio, and television plays, the Rumpole plays, for which he received the British Academy Writer of the Year Award, and the adaptation of Evelyn Waugh s Brideshead Revisited. He is the author of twelve collections of Rumpole stories and three acclaimed volumes of autobiography.
- Author(s)Sir John Mortimer
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/1986
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date23/09/2008
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight162 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.