All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionClinical Application of Neuromuscular Techniques, Volume 2 - The Lower Body , is a highly illustrated volume of more than 600 pages (Volume 1 - The Upper Body is also available). Almost 500 illustrations, with over 400 in two-colours, support the text throughout and make the anatomy and associated techniques easier to understand. This book covers MET (muscle energy techniques), NMT (neuromuscular techniques), PR (positional release) and many other bodywork techniques used in the treatment of neuromusculoskeletal disorders. The text has a regional, joint by joint structure, and the same sequence of headings is used for each joint, making the text easy to dip into. The unique feature of the book is that it describes the rmal anatomy and physiology as well as the dysfunctions that may arise, giving a detailed evaluation and description of clinically important aspects of functional anatomy and physiology. Indications for treatments and guidance on making the appropriate treatment choice are given. Palpation methods are evaluated. The different NMT techniques are then described in relation to the joint anatomy involved, which include t only manual techniques but also acupuncture, hydrotherapies and nutritional support as well as guidance for the patient in the use of self-help approaches. Practical neuromuscular solutions are described in great detail for the treatment of somatic pain and dysfunction together with an eclectic selection of associated manual modalities. This book discusses theories and physiology relevant to the manual treatment of chronic pain, especially as it relates to the soft tissues of the lower body. Step-by-step protocols that address each muscle of a region and a regional approach to treatment are features that make this book unique. A structural review of each region, including ligaments and functional anatomy, adds value for new students and practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyLeon Chaitow ND DO is an internationally known and respected osteopathic and naturopathic practitioner and teacher of soft tissue manipulation methods of treatment. He is author of over 60 books, including a series on Advanced Soft Tissue Manipulation (Muscle Energy Techniques, Positional Release Techniques, Modern Neuromuscular Techniques) and also Palpation Skills; Cranial Manipulation: Theory and Practice; Fibromyalgia Syndrome: A Practitioner's Guide to Treatment, and many more. He is editor of the peer reviewed Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, that offers a multidisciplinary perspective on physical methods of patient care. Leon Chaitow was for many years senior lecturer on the Therapeutic Bodywork degree courses which he helped to design at the School of Integrated Health, University of Westminster, London, where is he now an Honorary Fellow. He continues to teach and practice part-time in London, when not in Corfu, Greece where he focuses on his writing. Judith DeLany LMT has spent over two decades developing neuromuscular therapy techniques and course curricula for manual practitioners as well as for massage schools and other educational venues. Her ongoing private trainings with the Tampa Bay Rays athletic trainers (professional baseball) as well as customized trainings for noteworthy US-based spas show incorporation of NMT into diverse settings. She has contributed a chapter to Chaitow's Modern Neuromusular Techniques and Stillerman's Modalities for Massage and Bodywork and co-authored contributions to Coughlin's Principles and Practices of Manual Therapeutics and Micozzi's Fundamentals of Complimentary and Alternative Medicine. As an international instructor of NMT American versionT, co-author of three NMT textbooks, and associate editor for Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, her professional focus aims to advance education in all healthcare professions to include myofascial therapies for acute and chronic pain syndromes. Judith DeLany resides in St. Petersburg, Florida where she is the director of and primary curriculum developer for NMT Center.
- Author(s)Judith DeLany,Leon Chaitow
- PublisherElsevier Health Sciences
- Date of Publication11/07/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChurchill Livingstone
- Content NoteApprox. 484 illustrations (443 in full color)
- Weight1882 g
- Width276 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and DVD
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.