All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionAs an emerging psychotherapeutic discipline, drama therapy has been gaining global attention over the last decade for its demonstrated efficacy in the treatment of child and adolescent populations. However, despite this attention and despite the current turbulent state of the world and the increasing population of disturbed and at-risk children, the field of drama therapy has so far lacked a standard text. Weber and Haen's book fills this need, providing a core text for graduate students and established professionals alike. Clinical Applications of Drama Therapy in Child and Adolescent Treatment is guided by theory, but firmly rooted in practice, providing a survey of the many different possibilities and techniques for incorporating drama therapy within child and adolescent therapy. More than merely a survey of the existing literature on drama therapy, this text represents a true expansion of the field: one which articulates the breadth of possibilities and applications for drama therapy in the larger context of psychotherapy.
- Author BiographyAnna Marie Weber, MA, RDT, CDVC, is Director of Children's Services and Drama Therapist at the Victims Information Bureau Services, where she has developed drama and play therapy approaches to treat sexually abused children and victims of domestic violence. She also serves as part-time Clinical Assistant Professor in the Graduate Program at New York University, where she recently designed and taught the first course at NYU in Play and Drama Therapy. She is an active member of the National Association for Drama Therapy (NADT), where she served as Membership Chair on the Board of Directors from 1992-1994. She is also actively involved in the National Association of Creative Arts Therapy, and served the organization as Conference Program Chair for the NADT in 1991. In 1995, Ms. Weber was awarded the prestigious Professional of the Year Award by the Special Leadership in Domestic Violence Prevention association. Craig Haen, MA, RDT, CGP, is a Drama Therapist at the Cornell Medical Center of New York Presbyterian Hospital. Mr. Haen also serves as Advisor to Youth Groups and Workshop Coordinator for Creative Alternatives of New York. An active member of the American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA), Mr. Haen has served on the organization's Membership Committee. He is also a Registered Drama Therapist, and member of the National Association for Drama Therapy, having served that organization as Co-Chair of Collegiality Committee, and member of the Program Committee for 1999 & 2000 National Conferences.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2004
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAnna Marie Weber,Craig Haen
- Foreword bySandra Bloom
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.