All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClinical Applications of Music Therapy in Psychiatry provides valuable insight into the work of professional music therapists in their clinical practice. The contributors, who are all internationally-rewned music therapists, discuss work with a diverse range of clients, including those suffering from Alzheimer's, arexia nervosa, schizophrenia, psychosis, personality disorder, anxiety and psychosomatic disorder. Their chapters develop psychotherapeutic theory alongside music therapy practice, and are intended to be read by the psychiatric professions as well as music therapists, reflecting the medical establishment's growing receptivity to music therapy.
- Author BiographyTony Wigram was Professor and Head of PhD Studies in Music Therapy at the University of Aalborg, Denmark, Honorary Research Fellow in the Faculty of Music at the University of Melbourne, Australia, and Reader in Music Therapy at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, UK. He was Associate Editor of the Nordic Journal of Music Therapy, and a former President of both the European Music Therapy Confederation and the World Federation of Music Therapy. He was also Head Music Therapist at the Harper Children's Service in Hertfordshire, UK, and Research Advisor to Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Trust.
- Author(s)Jos De Backer,Tony Wigram
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/1999
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight462 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Other
- AU $13.50Trending at AU $18.93
- AU $6.09Trending at AU $7.33
- AU $15.30Trending at AU $20.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.