Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionAn updated edition for our popular Clinical Cases collection, this book is aimed medical students following the core curriculum in Australia and New Zealand; and the United Kingdom, junior doctors at resident or house officer level, and general practitioners. This handy, lab coat pocket-sized book broadly covers the whole syllabus for the medical student, and the whole range of obstetric and gynaecological problems likely to come into the path of the busy junior hospital doctor or general practitioner, but it is t a textbook providing simply a list of differential diagses and treatments. The approach has been developed from the experienced authors' teaching of problem-based learning scenarios (PBLs) to clinical students. PBLs introduce students to typical clinical situations and then encourage those students to think about how they would take appropriate histories, examine, investigate and finally treat their patients. In this book, by using case histories that are more developed and complex, we aim to show readers in greater detail how women may present with particular conditions, and demonstrate what should take place in the way of consultation, investigations and treatment. However, by questioning our readers as we go along we also hope to encourage them to think about why they would choose a certain clinical course of action and to base their decisions firmly on current scientific evidence. In addition to the purely clinical aspects of the cases, the emotional, social and psychological aspects of the care of each woman is described. Each of the 50 case histories commences with a straightforward description following a woman through the clinical presentation of a particular condition. Along the way, important points in clinical examination and diagsis, complications, investigations and management are incorporated into the text as a conversation with the reader, and essential points are highlighted in boxes. Being an Australian author team, tips are included for those junior doctors faced with obstetric or gynaecological problems in a smaller metropolitan or rural setting - facilities for care and the advice of senior practitioners may be more limited in such surroundings and different care paths may be more appropriate, especially in remote parts of Australia.
- Author(s)Boon Lim,Caroline De Costa,Stephen Robson
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Australia
- Date of Publication07/07/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Australia
- Weight400 g
- Width141 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.