All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionMaking a psychiatric diagsis in children can be challenging: some clinicians say the incidence of some childhood disorders, such as bipolar disorder and ADHD, is over-diagsed while others say they are undiagsed, undertreated, and are a large burden on society. The drug treatment of child psychiatric disorders can also be controversial in children and adolescents. Clinical Child Psychiatry fills the need for an objective, clinically relevant source to dispel this confusion.
- Author BiographyWilliam M. Klykylo, M.D. is Professor and Director of the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the Boonshoft School of Medicine of Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio. He attended the University of Michigan Medical School and trained in General and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Cincinnati. He served at the Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and as a residency training director at Cincinnati and Wright State for twenty-seven years. His academic interests include developmental disabilities, pervasive developmental disorders, medical education, ethics, and health care delivery systems. Dr. Kay is a Fellow of the American College of Psychiatrists and Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and has served as the chair of the APA Committee on Medical Student Education, the Council on Medical Education and Career Development, the Vestermark Award Board, and the Committee on the Practice of Psychotherapy. He chairs the World Psychiatric Association Task Force on Undergraduate and Post Graduate Curriculum as well as the APA Committee on College Mental Health. Dr. Kay is the immediate past chair of the Psychiatry Residency Review Committee of the ACGME and the Founding Editor of the Journal of Psychotherapy Practice and Research and Associate Editor of the American Journal of Psychotherapy. He has published extensively on the topics of medical and psychiatric education, medical ethics, child psychiatry, psychoanalysis, psychotherapy, the neurobiology of psychotherapy, and psychosocial aspects of AIDS and of cardiac transplantation. Dr. Kay serves as the Associate Director of the Comprehensive Neuroscience Center at Wright State University. He received the 2001 APA Seymour Vestermark Award for contributions to psychiatric education.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight970 g
- Width190 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJerald Kay,William M. Klykylo
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.