All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClinical Companion: Medical-Surgical Nursing 3e can be used in conjunction with Brown & Edwards Lewis's Medical-Surgical Nursing 4e as part of the medical- surgical suite of resources or as a stand- alone quick reference guide for undergraduate and diploma of nursing students for revision and exam preparation. It is also an accessible reference for registered and enrolled nurses re-entering acute care practice after a period of absence. This useful pocket book provides practical suggestions and helpful tips to assist with the assessment and management of people experiencing a medical/surgical illness. Each body system is addressed, with an overview of the anatomy and physiology followed by the pathophysiology of related conditions. The consistent format presents common diseases and disorders by causes, signs and symptoms, diagsis, treatment, complications and nursing considerations. Where interventions, tests or pharmacology are required, actions are indicated. The third edition will be fully revised to reflect changes in the curriculum approach, teaching, clinical practice and termilogy for medical surgical nursing, with up-to-date evidence-based practice and data. The topic of assessment and management of the deteriorating patient is w a key focus in acute care teaching and mental health considerations are also integrated into medical surgical units to encourage holistic care.
- Author(s)Gayle McKenzie,Tanya Porter
- PublisherElsevier Australia
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationMarrickville
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarcourt Publishers Group (Australia) Pty.Ltd
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.