All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is the product of a February 1982 conference, cosponsored by the American Heart Association, the National Institutes of Health, and the Bowman Gray School of Medicine, which examined techniques for delineating quantitatively the natural history of atherosclerosis. Against the background of current pathologic and clinical kwledge of atherosclerosis, invasive and ninvasive evaluative methods w in use and under development are surveyed in depth. Correlative clinicopathologic studies of atherosclerosis pose special questions with respect to both luminal and plaque characteristics that are addressed in this volume. An old observa- tion, based on the examination of arterial casts, suggested that the so-called dose lesion of atherosclerosis may be at first flattened into the wall of a weakened, dilated artery, rather than raised into the lumen. This is w fully confirmed in vivo by ultrasonic and other imaging techniques. The morbid anatomist is challenged anew to describe lesions as they are likely to occur in vivo. To achieve closer correlation with natural conditions, perfu- sion fixation of arteries under arterial pressure is becoming more widely used and has already demonstrated more valid quantita- tion of the composition and configuration of lesions. While the ninvasive methods of B-mode and Doppler ultrasound are suitable only for the clinical study of superficial arteries, such as the carotid or femoral, the new and relatively ninvasive procedure of intraveus digital subtraction angio- graphy can be effectively used for the examination of deep systems, such as cerebral vessels.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/04/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight907 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byA. B. Chandler,J. F. Cornhill,M. Gene Bond,Seymour Glagov,William Insull
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.