All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the role of basic and advanced imaging techniques in the diagsis of different types of cardiomyopathy, including dilated cardiomyopathy, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, restrictive cardiomyopathy, arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy and infiltrative/storage cardiomyopathies. While the main focus is on echocardiography, the applications of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography are also described. Throughout, a clinically oriented approach is employed: detailed attention is paid to differential diagsis and numerous high-quality images depict the main features of the various types of cardiomyopathy. Consideration is also given to the genetics of cardiomyopathies, with analysis of getype-phetype relationships. Finally, the potential value of imaging in progstic assessment and in guiding treatment is described.
- Author BiographyBruno Pinamonti is Head of the Echocardiography Laboratory, Cardiology Dept., Trieste University Hospital ( Ospedali Riuniti di Trieste) and professor of Clinical Echocardiography at the postgraduate school of the same hospital. He coordinates the clinical research of the Cardiology Group in Trieste on heart failure and myocardial diseases. His research interests mainly focus on echocardiography, cardiomyopathies and diastolic dysfunction. He is author of more than 100 publications. He is currently member and scientific advisor of the European Society of Echocardiography. Gianfranco Sinagra, specialized in Cardiology, is Associate Professor of Cardiology and Director of the Structure of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Department, at the University Hospital of Trieste. He attended courses at the St George's Hospital of London (1989), and the Wallenberg Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research of the Sahlgrenska Hospital, Gothenburg University, Sweden (1991 and 1993). Component of the End Point Clinical Event Committee of the ValHeFT Trial (N:Engl J Med 2001; 345:1667), coordinated by the Veterans Affairs- USA web, ANMCO and Mario Negri Pharmacological Research Institute of Milan. Main researcher since 2003 of the project COMIRB // 99-177 14.05.2003 Identification of a Gene for Autosomal Dominant Dilated Cardiomyopathy on Chromosome 9 , granted by the National Institute of Health-USA, in cooperation with the Health Science Centre, University of Colorado, Denver. He is the author of more than 250 publications.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication13/08/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 61 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight631 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBruno Pinamonti,Gianfranco Sinagra
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.