All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionTrust the proven Four Box method to formulate ethically appropriate recommendations for patient care Clinical Ethics teaches healthcare providers how to effectively identify, evaluate, and resolve ethical issues in clinical medicine. Using the author acclaimed Four Box Method and numerous illustrative case examples, this book enables practitioners to gain a better understanding of the complexities involved in ethical cases and demonstrates how to reach resolution to ethical problems. Clinical Ethics goes beyond theory to offer a decision-making strategy applicable to real-world practice. Readers will learn an easy-to-apply system based on simple questions about medical indications, patient preferences, quality of life, and contextual features that clearly explain clinical ethics and help them formulate a sound diagsis and treatment strategy. The case examples have been selected to demonstrate how principles apply to real-world everyday practice. The co-authors, a bioethicist, a physician and a lawyer/ psychoanalyst /philosopher, draw on more than forty years respectively of clinical experience to select exemplary cases of ethical problems and to reflect on how moral principles and concepts can guide clinicians in formulating ethically appropriate recommendations for patient care. A unique chapter organization: Each chapter of the book begins with some general considerations about the topic, and the ethical principle relevant to that topic. The clinical situations that generate ethical problems are then described and illustrated by clinically realistic medical cases. A short distillation of current opinion from the bioethical literature is provided, followed by an analysis of the cases. The authors conclude with recommendations that the three authors have formulated from their extensive experience as bioethics consultants.
- Author BiographyAlbert Jonsen, Ph.D. is affiliated with the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine. Mark Siegler, M.D. is affiliated with the University of Chicago. William Winslade, Ph.D., J.D. is affiliated with University of Texas Medical.
- Author(s)Albert R. Jonsen,Mark Siegler,William J. Winslade
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleA & L Lange Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight315 g
- Width160 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.