All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative work offers guidelines for interviewing children of different ages--as well as their parents and teachers--and for weaving the resulting data into multimethod assessment and intervention planning. K-12 school psychologists and other practitioners learn specific strategies for assessing school issues, peer relations, emotional difficulties, family situations, and problem behavior. Stephanie H. McConaughy is joined by two other leading experts who have contributed chapters on assessing suicide and violence risks. In-depth case illustrations are woven throughout. In a large-size format with lay-flat binding for easy photocopying, the book includes over a dozen reproducible interviewing tools. Purchasers also get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials. New to This Edition *Incorporates the latest research on child and adolescent problems and clinical interviewing procedures. *Updated for DSM-5 *Additional interviewing tool: Semistructured Student Interview, which focuses on the topics most relevant to academic and social functioning. *Guidelines for interviewing culturally and linguistically diverse children and parents. *Up-to-date information and assessment strategies related to bullying and victimization, inappropriate uses of techlogy (such as cyberbullying and sexting ), and challenges facing gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth. This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series.
- Author BiographyStephanie H. McConaughy, PhD, is Research Professor Emerita of Psychiatry and Psychology at the University of Vermont. She specializes in research and assessment of children's behavioral, emotional, and learning problems and is a member of the research team that developed the Achenbach System of Empirically Based Assessment (ASEBA). Dr. McConaughy is the author of over 60 journal articles and chapters and 8 books and assessment manuals. She is a Vermont licensed practicing psychologist and school psychologist and a nationally certified school psychologist. She has served on the editorial boards of professional journals in psychology and school psychology and was an associate editor of the School Psychology Review.
- Author(s)Stephanie H. McConaughy
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication03/05/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleGuilford Practical Intervention in the Schools
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight604 g
- Width203 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.