Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists estimates that 2.5 million people in the UK have a communication disorder. Of this number, some 800,000 people have a disorder that is so severe that it is hard for anyone outside their immediate families to understand them. In Clinical Linguistics, Louise Cummings provides a comprehensive introduction to speech and language therapy which will give SLT students an excellent starting point for a wide range of communication impairments. In chapters that are dedicated to the discussion of individual communication disorders, Cummings argues that treatment of this area can reasonably neglect an examination of the prevalence and causes of communication disorders. The assessment and treatment of these disorders by speech and language therapists are discussed at length. This book contains up-to-date research into communication disorders and describes the various techlogical invations that are integral to the work of speech and language therapists. Clinical Linguistics is appropriate reading for students, practitioners and researchers in speech-language pathology and related clinical and academic disciplines. It contains the following chapters: The Scope of Clinical Linguistics; Disorders of the Pre- and Perinatal Period; Disorders of Cognitive Development; Disorders of Speech and Language Development; Acquired Communication and Swallowing Disorders; Disorders of Fluency; Disorders of Voice.
- Author BiographyLouise Cummings is a Reader in Linguistics at Nottingham Trent University.
- Author(s)Louise Cummings
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication06/02/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations
- Weight1149 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.