All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first comprehensive volume of the clinical management of sex addiction. Collecting the work of 28 leaders in this emerging field, the editors provide a long-needed primary text about how to approach treatment with these challenging patients. The book serves as an excellent introduction for professionals new to the field as well as serving as a useful reference tool. The contributors are literally the pioneers of one of the last frontiers of addiction medicine and sex therapy. With a growing awareness of sex addiction as a problem, plus the advent of cybersex compulsion, professional clinicians are being confronted with sexual compulsion with little clinical or academic preparation. This is the first book distilling the experience of the leaders in this emerging field. With a focus on special populations, it also becomes a handy problem-solving tool. Readable, concise, and filled with useful interventions, it is a key text for a problem clinicians must be able to identify. It is destined to be a classic reference.
- Author BiographyKenneth M. Adams, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist in clinical practice since 1981, and clinical director of Program for Sexual Health and Addiction, a comprehensive outpatient treatment program for sexual addiction and other intimacy-based disorders. He is a nationally recognized expert in the treatment of trauma, addictive, and intimacy disorders. Patrick J. Carnes, Ph.D., C.A.S., is clinical director for sexual disorder services a The Meadows in Wickenburg, Arizona. The educational and therapeutic services for sexual disorders available at The Meadows are built on the technology developed through Dr. Carnes' landmark study of the recoveries of 1,000 sex addicts. Dr. Carnes is a nationally known speaker on addiction and recovery issues.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2002
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byKenneth M. Adams,Patrick J. Carnes
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.