All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionFamily doctors, pediatricians and other professionals who deal with children are regularly consulted because of febrile children. During the past few years remarkable advances on this subject of fever have been made. Among others, this book covers: - Different types of fever with possible complications, - Hyperthermia and their management, - Management of fever with guidelines on antipyretics and their side effects, - Complimentary medicine and fever, - Differential diagsis of fever, with problem-setting and solving as a case presentation. This reader-friendly reference on the disorders of body temperature in children covers the entire spectrum of subjects related to fever. It gives an overview of the best treatment options in order to achieve the best results.
- Author BiographyDr A Sahib El-Radhi MRCPCH, DCH, PhD Dr AS El-Radhi is a consultant paediatrician who qualified at the Free University of West Berlin, Germany. He has worked in many countries including Germany, Finland, Iraq, Kuwait and England, gaining wide-ranging experience in general paediatrics. While working in Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup, Kent, he was in charge of an enuresis clinic that received referral of children with UTI, nocturnal enuresis and day-time incontinence, and other urinary problems. He has also been working at the BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital, Orpington, Kent over the past 20 years. Recently he has granted practice privileges at BMI Bishops Wood Hospital, Middlesex. About 20% of his clinical activities there are related to management of children with urinary problems including UTI and bedwetting. Of particular interest has been the subject of fever and fever-related topics. Dr El-Radhi has sat on several academic task forces and has lectured both nationally and internationally on his special interests. He has published five books; the last one was entitled Essential Paediatrics in Primary Care . He has published over 50 papers in national and international medical journals covering various paediatric aspects mainly on fever-related topics. He is an undergraduate lecturer and examiner of DCH and MRCPCH for the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. He is peer-reviewer of several and medical journals. He spent most of his medical career in research performing numerous controlled and multi-centre studies. As he worked for some years in the Middle East, he has long-standing experience in managing febrile children irrespective of the aetiologies.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication10/09/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note107 black & white tables, biography
- Weight653 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byA.Sahib El-Radhi,James Caroll,Nigel Klein
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.