Clinical Medicine: A Clerking Companion by David Randall, Adam Feather (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $60.74+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudents starting on the wards are often bewildered at their role and unable to make the most of the learning opportunities presented to them. Clinical Medicine: A Clerking Companion is written for inexperienced clinical students, and helps them to use their patients to learn medicine. At heart, it is a workbook that students can use whilst on the wards, that provides students with a framework for approaching patients with a range of common conditions. It is a 'friend over the shoulder' - guiding students through history taking and medical examination, and then evaluating the patient's current condition and their future management. It is also a self-directed learning portfolio, helping students to assess their progress by seeing where they are lacking clinical exposure. The book's introduction explains how to use it to make the most of time spent on the wards - how to interview and examine patients, how to use the book in recording findings findings, and then how to present patients to doctors. It emphasises the importance of anymising patient information and ensuring patient consent before interviewing and examining them. The book goes on to cover around 50 common medical and surgical problems. Each chapter (for instance 'cardiology') begins with an introductory section offering basic approaches to the symptoms, signs, skills and investigations encountered in that specialty. The subsequent clerking proformas provide a guided framework for students to follow when working with their patients. A set of questions then helps students explore the topic in more detail - sending them back to their textbooks to read about what they have seen and understand the science underlying it. Online Resource Centre The Online Resource Centre to accompany Clinical Medicine: A Clerking Companion features dynamic, antated figures and PDFs of the proformas in the book, available to download.
- Author BiographyDavid Randall studied medicine at Peterhouse, Cambridge, and then at Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry. He then completed an academic foundation programme specialising in medical education and is now working as a junior doctor in general medicine at Queen's Hospital, Romford. Adam Feather is Senior Lecturer in Medical Education at the Institute of Health Science Education, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry. Adam is a Lead for Clinical Skills with a particular interest in the teaching and learning of clinical examination skills. He is the co lead for part 6a (written Finals) assessment with particular interest in the development of new and innovative written, computer based and clinical assessments.
- Author(s)Adam Feather,David Randall
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note450 Line drawings and photos
- Weight966 g
- Width211 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.