All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in an engaging, accessible style, this book synthesizes the growing body of kwledge on the neuropsychology of emotion and identifies practical clinical implications. The author unravels the processes that comprise a single emotional event, from the initial trigger through physiological and psychological responses. She also examines how patterns of emotional responses come together to motivate complex behavioral choices. Grounded in theory and research, the book discusses relevant syndromes and populations, reviews available assessment instruments, and describes how deficits in emotional processing affect cognition, daily functioning, and mental health.
- Author BiographyYana Suchy, PhD, is Associate Professor of Psychology and Clinical Neuropsychology Program Director in the Department of Psychology at the University of Utah. Her professional responsibilities include graduate training, research, and clinical neuropsychological practice. Dr. Suchy's research focuses on understanding the interface among executive, affective, and motor processes, with the long-term goal of developing new methods for detecting subtle, preclinical deficits in executive and emotional control. In line with her research interests, she feels strongly about the need to integrate assessment of affective processes into everyday neuropsychological clinical practice. She serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society and The Clinical Neuropsychologist, and as an ad hoc reviewer for a number of other journals. Dr. Suchy has published widely in a variety of peer-reviewed journals and neuropsychology textbooks and presents regularly at national and international meetings.
- Author(s)Yana Suchy
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication02/03/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight652 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.