All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionEvery nurse encounters patients with diabetes in the course of daily practice in hospital or in primary care. This portable collection of core kwledge and best practice in management of diabetes provides support for the n-specialist and a training tool / aide-memoire for the trainee / returner. The pocket reference provides a brief introduction to the main clinical features of diabetes, followed by overviews of daily management and self care, acute care, and continuing care and complications. Key transient issues for the diabetic patient are covered: steroid therapy, surgery, fasting, pregnancy and travel. All sections are fully referenced to enable further study of each topic covered. The authors have comprehensively updated the book to reflect latest developments, eg: emphasis on patient self-care; new therapeutic approaches; current views on blood glucose monitoring. Includes HbA1c conversion chart between DCCT and IFCC units.
- Author BiographyAnita Thynne and Sue Cradock work at the Academic Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, along with co-authors Michael Cummings and Lisa Skinner. Francesca Arundel works for West Sussex Primary Care Trust in Worthing.
- Author(s)Anita Thynne,Francesca Arundel,Lisa Skinner,Michael Cummings,Sue Cradock
- PublisherClinical Pocket Reference
- Date of Publication14/02/2010
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPennant Health Publishing
- Weight128 g
- Width84 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.