All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionA clinical pocket reference provides key information that a nurse will require on placement and in practice, selected by experienced teachers/practitioners, clearly written and presented, drawn from a wide range of different sources, packaged in an easily accessible portable format suitable for pocket or mobile phone. This will be invaluable for all those involved in the first five years of nursing, from the clinical skills lab to preceptorship. Nursing students, mentors, practice educators and preceptees will find that this resource enables the move into real life practice, supporting safe, confident patient centred nursing. The new, third edition has been updated throughout including extended assessment section including latest assessment of risk tools: A to E, NEWS, S BAR; plus Glasgow Coma Scale, respiratory tables, shock and sepsis, and wound healing and other topics. The authors, all experienced teacher/practitioners have looked at latest teaching trends and national drivers such as NICE and Essence of Care, to provide coverage of the widening range of competencies a nurse needs to display in today's healthcare environment. This resource provides rapid access to key information that a nurse will need to provide effective holistic care of the adult patient. For the student on clinical placement it provides a valuable aide memoire for recently learnt key information. For the newly qualified nurse it assists review, reflection and revalidation.
- Author BiographyBernie Garrett, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada; Paul Ong, MSc, BA (Hons), RGN, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK; Paul Galdas PhD, RN, Senior Lecturer, Department of Health Sciences, University of York,York, UK.
- Author(s)Bernie Garrett,Paul Galdas,Paul Ong
- PublisherClinical Pocket Reference
- Date of Publication29/12/2015
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleClinical Pocket Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClinical Pocket Reference
- Content Notealgorithms, figures, tables
- Width84 mm
- Height160 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.