About this product
- DescriptionClinical Psychology is for students studying clinical psychology as part of an undergraduate programme in psychology, nursing, sociology or social and behavioural sciences. Undergraduate students who wish to kw if postgraduate study in clinical psychology would be of interest to them will find this book particularly useful. The book will inform students about: * the profession of clinical psychology * how to get onto a clinical psychology postgraduate training programme * the way clinical psychologists work with children, adolescents and adults with common psychological problems * the main models of practice used by clinical psychologists, and * the scientific evidence for the effectiveness of psychological interventions. There is a focus on both clinical case studies and relevant research, and the book includes summaries, revision questions, advice on further reading and a glossaryof key terms, all of which make it an excellent student-friendly introduction to an exceptionally interesting subject.
- Author BiographyAlan Carr is director of clinical psychology training at University College Dublin and has a clinical practice at the Clanwilliam Institute, Dublin. He has produced over 20 volumes and 200 papers and presentations in the areas of clinical psychology, family therapy and positive psychology. His books include the Handbook of Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychology, the Handbook of Adult Clinical Psychology, the Handbook of Intellectual Disability and Clinical Psychology Practice and What Works with Children, Adolescents and Adults? A Review of Research on the Effectiveness of Psychotherapy, and Positive Psychology. He has worked in the fields of clinical psychology and family therapy in the UK, Ireland and Canada.
- Author(s)Alan Carr
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white tables, 30 black & white line drawings
- Weight726 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.06Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.