All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionOne man alone cant construct an entire profession, but David Shakow is one of the architects responsible for shaping clinical psychology into the profession it is today. Reflecting the ideas of a man whose name is synymous with the field, this volume brings together for the first time his most significant papers in this area and presents a comprehensive, far-reaching overview of clinical psychology addressed to all of its professionals and students. Dr. Shakow's forty years of influence as a clinician, training program administrator, professor, researcher, and public servant are profoundly reflected in these papers. They offer insight into the work and world of the clinician, the nature of training programs, the history and development of the profession, and the relationship between clinical psychology and other disciplines. Not simply a descriptive record of one man's achievements, the thinking mirrored in this volume is pertinent, even crucial, to the future development of the field. The author's persistent and continuing concern for top quality in training and practice pervades these essays, making them a unified chronicle of the professional growth of clinical psychology and of a master professional's ideas and involvements with the problems and issues in his field. No clinician or student can fully understand the nature of the field, how it came to be, and where it is going, without reading this volume.
- Author BiographyDavid Shakow (1901-1981) was Senior Research Psychologist at the National Institute of Mental Health. He was Chief Psychologist and Director of Psychological Research at the Worcester State Hospital for eighteen years. He has taught at the University of Illinois College of Medicine and at the University of Chicago, He was also Chief Psychologist at the Illinois Neuropsychiatric Institute and a past president of the Division of Clinical Psychology of the American Psychological Association as well as chairman of the Association's Committee on Training in Clinical Psychology.
- Author(s)David Shakow
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight670 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.