Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis casebook is a unique resource, offering never before documented insights into the practices and principles of clinical psychologists within local mental health services in Singapore. The 20 fascinating chapters provide comprehensive coverage of the assessment, formulation and treatment for clients across the lifespan. It includes accounts of clients with common mental health problems such as depression and panic disorder, as well as more unusual problems like pyromania, exhibitionism and frontal-lobe epilepsy. The authors describe their successes and challenges and share how they grapple with tensions in the therapy room and with cultural and ethical issues. This casebook is an ideal complement to abrmal, counselling or clinical psychology courses. Features:* Case studies based on real Singaporean clients and families and authored by clinical psychologists and neuropsychologists working in Singapore.* In-depth coverage of cultural and contextual factors relating to eachcase.* Comprehensive case formulations and discussions in the context of the DSM-5 classification system.* Discussion questions at the end of each case study for individuals or groups to critically analyse issues relating to the case.* Fact boxes outlining interesting or unique information relating to each case.* Useful resources section on relevant organisations, websites and support groups for each case.
- Author BiographyGregor Lange and John Davison are senior clinical psychologists with clinical and academic experience internationally and in Singapore,including lecturing clinical psychology and supervising clinical psychology trainees at the National University of Singapore (NUS). They share a passion for training clinical psychologists and are grateful to be able to contribute to the dynamic profession of clinical psychology in Singapore with this casebook.
- PublisherNUS Press
- Date of Publication10/08/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSingapore University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byGregor Lange,John Davison
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.