Clinical Skills: The Essence of Caring by Caroline MacDonald, Helen Iggulden, Karen Staniland (Mixed media product, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.23Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an excellent book for anyone starting out on the Common Foundation year of their Nursing Degree, and as a reference to those further into their degree, on placement, or newly qualified. It covers everything from communication skills to pressure ulcers, and includes all four Nursing branches: Child, Adult, Mental Health and Learning Disability. The book is accompanied by an excellent CD-ROM that includes step-by-step Case Studies, resources for the book's chapters, and skill-set video demos with self-assessment. The DVD applies the theory to practice in a style that is easy to understand and follow. It will prove invaluable in preparation for OSCEs and for refreshing skills that may t have been used for a while. Cor Hamilton, Student Nurse, Queens University Belfast, UK An excellent foundation text for first year pre-registration nurses. The accompanying DVD encourages application of the theory and helps consolidate learning. Janine Lee, Leeds Metropolitan University, UK This book provides an excellent alternative to other Clinical Skills books. The most obvious and most useful difference is the addition of a CD Rom. The book itself is clearly laid out from the beginning, with the table of contents detailing all the essential areas of nursing that are often forgotten. It is often assumed that nursing students already kw the basics so the inclusion of how to bed bath a patient or how to feed a patient was welcomed. While primarily aimed at those following the common foundation program (1st year) it has also been of great use to myself during my 3rd year. Jackie Sheridan, Student Nurse, Glasgow Caledonian University, UK I found this book useful for a backup from clinical skills sessions to refresh my mind. It uses simple easy understandable language with key ideas highlighted and uses pictures and diagrams where necessary. I found the cd-rom invaluable as it uses step to step guides of skills used and although we all learn them in skills sessions we sometimes forget the gold standard way as we learn to cut corners. It is easy to use and well designed ...It covers all branches of nursing with case studies to back up understanding and provide real-life examples of using skills in practice. Becky Gray, Student Nurse, University of Worcester, UK I was very impressed by this textbook. It reads very well, is easy to follow and is suitable for students within the common foundation programme. Allowing these students to see alternative aspects of other branches which they may t have seen within practice is valuable and the DVD material naturally adds to the learning and helps to show theory within practice. Conleth Kelly, Lecturer in The Faculty of Health and Social Care, The University of Chester, UK This is an impressively comprehensive guide to clinical skills drawing from the expertise and real life experiences of a variety of contributors with health and social care backgrounds ...The edge to the book that I feel raises it above other clinical skills guides, is the free interactive DVD. Designed to be used at certain points during the reading of the book, it provides the reader/viewer with extensive further reading and resources ...Additionally, and perhaps most usefully, it provides the student with video clips of the clinical skills being performed, which show how the bestevidence based methods can easily be applied in practice. Daniel Gill, Student Nurse, University of Salford, UK Clinical Skills: The Essence of Caring is an invative new textbook and integrated Media Tool package which makes teaching and learning nursing interactive! Based on the Essence of Care, this book covers the core clinical skills curriculum and takes a holistic approach to the importance of delivering excellent nursing care. Key Features: Comprehensive coverage: An accessible account of all fundamental skills is provided, including Record Keeping, Communication and Pressure Ulcers. Pedagogy: A multitude of activi
- Author BiographyHelen Iggulden is a former Lecturer in Nursing at Salford School of Nursing, University of Salford, UK and also had a faculty wide role as Learning Technology Fellow. Caroline Macdonald is Senior Lecturer for Clinical Skills Development, School of Nursing and Midwifery at the Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, UK. Karen Staniland is Senior Lecturer/Open Learning Lead within the School of Nursing, University of Salford, UK.
- Author(s)Caroline MacDonald,Helen Iggulden,Karen Staniland
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Health & Social Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Weight1 g
- Width75 mm
- Height98 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.