All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionEmploying an evidence-based approach, this comprehensive textbook introduces the core clinical skills and competencies a newly-qualified nurse is required to have for professional practice. It is divided into five broad sections looking at: * Care and compassion and communication, including personal care and pain assessment * Essential skills, including observations, monitoring and emergency management * Organisational aspects of care, including moving and handling, and wound care * Safety and protection, including medicine management and infection control * Nutrition and fluid balance, including hydration and nutrition. Designed to allow readers to develop and enhance their clinical skills with one key textbook, each chapter contains learning outcomes, recommendations for practice, case studies, activities, 'clinical significance' highlights and step-by-step guides to important procedures. This invaluable clinical skills textbook is an essential reference for pre-registration nursing students of all fields of nursing.
- Author BiographyTina Moore is a Senior Lecturer in Adult Nursing at Middlesex University, UK. She teaches nursing assessment, clinical skills and care interventions for both pre-qualifying and post-qualifying nurses. She is also a Middlesex University Teaching Fellow. Sheila Cunningham is an Associate Professor in Adult Nursing at Middlesex University, UK. She has a breadth of experience teaching nurses both pre- and post-registration and she supports mentors supporting students in practice. She is also a Middlesex University Teaching Fellow and holds a Principal Fellowship at the Higher Education Academy. She is currently programme leader for the BSc European nursing and is passionate about the future of nursing and nurse education.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2016
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note322 black & white illustrations, 43 black & white tables, 9 black & white halftones, 270 black & white line drawings
- Weight1216 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited bySheila Cunningham,Tina Moore
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.