All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionIncreasingly, nurses and other health professionals are required to teach doctors, trainees and medical students. This book also helps to contextualise learning and provide practical tips for teaching in the clinical context for all health professionals. The book will be useful for clinical teachers at whichever stage of career as it covers all areas of health professions' education in an easy to follow style. It provides a theoretical basis to how clinical teaching and learning might be carried out and draws on the experience of well-regarded clinical teachers to highlight practice points. All aspects of clinical teaching and learning, appraisal, supervision and career development are included. This book is written in an easy to follow format with short chapters, sections, diagrams and practice points. The theory is always related to teaching practice in the clinical context.
- Author BiographyJudy McKimm, MBA BA (Hons) Cert Ed FHEA FAcadMed is an experienced medical and healthcare professions' educator who has worked internationally in faculty and leadership development, accreditation and licensing and organisational development. She was Director of Undergraduate Medicine at Imperial College London until 2004. Tim Swanwick, MA MBBS DRCO G DCH FRCGP MA (Ed) FAcadMed is currently Director of Professional Development in the London Deanery. He is a Visiting Professor at the University of Bedfordshire, a Visiting Fellow at the Institute of Education of London University - where he is course leader for the MA in Clinical Education - and an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Imperial College.
- Author(s)McKimm Judy,Tim Swanwick
- PublisherMark Allen Group
- Date of Publication30/07/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuay Books,a division of Mark Allen Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.