Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis new series is directed to healthcare professionals who increasingly need information on holistic approaches to chronic illness in response to the growing demand from patients. Managed care has deferred responsibility for initial diagsis and treatment of chronic conditions to primary care physicians and other healthcare professionals. The University of California's Institute for Health and Aging predicts that by 2020, 134 million Americans will have some form of chronic condition that will cause personal limitations or disabilities. Only about 33% of these patients will be elderly . This book provides current information of use to both health care providers and patients. The first part of the book covers material relevant to all chronic illnesses in both children and adolescents. This includes the effects on the child and family, problems of access, nutritional issues, complementary medicine, child abuse and ethical issues. The second part covers the majority of chronic illnesses.
- Author(s)Michael J. Light
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleHazelden Chronic Illness S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Inc.,US
- Out-of-print date05/04/2008
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight705 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.