All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
About this product
- DescriptionFred McCarthy, owner of Sea Mac, Jersey Yachts and Real Ships, tells stories of his successful boatbuilding career; his adventures as a pilot and member of the Flying Farmers; and about the steam railroad and Christmas tree farm, Train Tree Plantation, he created in Lumberton, NJ with his wife and business partner, Etta.
- Author BiographyFred McCarthy was born in Chicago in 1926 and grew up in Oaklyn, NJ. In 1954, he built the first wooden Sea Mac pram in a rented, two-car garage in Merchantville, NJ. In 1963, he started Jersey Yachts at the former Burlington County Airport. From 1990 to 2006, he manufactured Real Ships, 61' to 76' steel-hulled cruisers in Merrit, NC and Riverside, NJ. After his discharge from the Navy in 1946, he used his WWII GI benefits to attend flight school at the Camden, NJ airport. As members of the Flying Farmers, he and his wife Etta enjoyed many memorable flying trips. In 1978, Fred and Etta created Train Tree Plantation, a 7 1/2 gauge steam railroad and Christmas tree farm. Today, they divide their time between Lumberton, NJ and Jupiter, FL with their two cats, Thunder and Cheetah.
- Author(s)Fred McCarthy
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.