All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis essential book provides a roadmap for instruction and assessment of close reading skills in grades 3-8. To engage deeply with informational texts--a key requirement of the Common Core standards--students need to determine what details are important, how they fit together to convey a central idea, and how to synthesize information from multiple sources. They also need to understand the unique demands of different text features and structures. Presenting effective instructional strategies that teachers can tailor to their own classrooms, the book includes lesson plans, vignettes, and examples of student work, plus a Study Guide with professional learning activities and discussion questions.
- Author BiographySunday Cummins, PhD, is a literacy consultant and facilitator for the New Schools Project at the Erikson Institute in Chicago. Formerly, she was Assistant Professor of Education in the Reading and Language Department at National Louis University. Prior to teaching at National Louis, Dr. Cummins worked in the public schools for 10 years as a middle school and third-grade teacher and as a literacy coach. Dr. Cummins has written articles for The Reading Teacher and Talking Points, and shares her work on teaching with informational texts by presenting at state, national, and international conferences. Her website is www.Sunday-Cummins.com.
- Author(s)Sunday Cummins
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication04/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight380 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.