All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCapturing the grandeur of landscapes or mood of a certain natural light is challenging but often the simple details of a texture or color evade photographers most of all. In Close Up Photography in Nature, best-selling authors and nature photography pros, John and Barbara Gerlach, share the tips and techniques necessary to successfully photograph the beauty all around you. The Gerlachs are celebrated teachers who understand a photographer's mind so they begin this book with a brief overview of the fundamentals before delving into some of the more advanced and unique challenges of close up photography. Topics covered include: advanced flash techniques specific for close up shooting, as well as a discussion on focus stacking strategies and tilt-shift lenses for getting maximum depth-of-field. The Gerlachs also discuss their strategy of mixing flash with natural light when shooting close up, which opens up all sorts of photographic possibilities - opening up shadows, creating shadows, separating the subject from the background, reducing contrast between the subject and the background, improving the color rendition, shooting sharper images, and much more. This book will change the way you see the world as well as the way you share it through your work! the world through your work!
- Author Biographyare founders of Gerlach Nature Photography, they are professional nature photographers. Their pictures have been published in National Wildlife, Sierra, Natural History, Petersen's Photographic, Ranger Rick, Birder's World, Michigan Natural Resources, Audubon, Outdoor Photographer, and Popular Photography, as well as in books published by National Geographic Society, Sierra Club, Kodak, and wrote Focal's own Digital Nature Photography and Digital Landscape Photography.
- Author(s)John And Barbara Gerlach
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 185 colour illustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.