All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.42
About this product
- DescriptionAt twenty-two, Sylvie Carson has kwn a lifetime's worth of trouble. When she was a child, her baby brother was shot to death by a man named Preacher Eli. Orphaned by her teens, Sylvie is w raising her own baby with partner in sight. For all these reasons, Leah Teal, Alvin, Alabama's only detective, tries to stay patient when Sylvie calls the station day and night, always with some new false alarm. But w Preacher Eli is out of prison and moving back to town. As far as the law is concerned, the old man has paid his dues--though Leah's twelve-year-old son, Abe, vehemently disagrees. Between that and his relentless curiosity about the daddy he hardly knew, Abe's imagination is running in all directions lately. While Leah struggles with how much of the past to reveal to Abe, she's also concerned about Sylvie's mounting panic. Something in her gut tells her the girl might be a target after all. For as Leah kws well, there's danger t just in the secrets others keep from us, but in the lies that corrupt from within. It's a hunch that will be tested soon eugh, as tensions mount on both sides. Evoking the South with depth and grace, Michael Hiebert's poignant, gripping vel captures the strength wrought by heartache and lost incence - and the transformative power of forgiveness, whenever it comes...
- Author(s)Michael Hiebert
- PublisherKensington Publishing
- Date of Publication24/06/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKensington Publishing
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.