All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $11.35Free postage
- AU $11.27Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.66Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $31.10Trending at AU $31.88
About this product
- Description<b><i>New York Times</i>-bestselling author Mercedes Lackey's Herald Spy series, set in the beloved fantasy world of Valdemar</b> Herald Mags, Valdemar's first official Herald Spy, is well on his way to establishing a coterie of young informants, t only on the streets of Haven, but in the kitchens and Great Halls of the highborn and wealthy as well. The newly appointed King's Own Herald, Amily, although still unsure of her own capability in that office, is doing fine work to support the efforts of Mags, her betrothed. She has even found a way to build an army of informants herself, a group of highly trained but impoverished young blewomen groomed to serve the highborn ladies who live at Court, to be called The Queens's Handmaidens. And King Kyril has come up with the grand plan of turning Mags and Amily's wedding into a low-key diplomatic event that will simultaneously entertain everyone on the Hill and allow him to negotiate behind the scenes with all the attending ambassadors―something which had t been possible at his son Prince Sedric's wedding. What could possibly go wrong? The answer, of course, is everything. For all is t well in the neighboring Kingdom of Menmellith. The new king is a child, and a pretender to the throne has raised a rebel army. And this army is―purportedly―being supplied with arms by Valdemar. The Menmellith Regency Council threatens war. With the help of a ragtag band of their unlikely associates, Mags and Amily will have to determine the real culprit, amass the evidence to convince the Council, and prevent a war body wants― ―and, somewhere along the way, get married.
- Author Biography<b>Mercedes Lackey</b> is a full-time writer and has published numerous novels and works of short fiction, including the best-selling Heralds of Valdemar series. She is also a professional lyricist and a licensed wild bird rehabilitator. She lives in Oklahoma with her husband, artist Larry Dixon, and their flock of parrots. She can be found at mercedeslackey.com or on Twitter at @mercedeslackey.
- Author(s)Mercedes Lackey
- PublisherDaw Books
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleValdemar: The Herald Spy
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDaw Books
- Weight159 g
- Width104 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.