Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.74
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.87
About this product
- DescriptionJoseph Heller returns to the characters of Catch-22, w coming to the end of their lives and the century, as is the entire generation that fought in World War II. But this time they are fighting t the Germans, but The End. Closing Time deftly satirizes the realities and the myths of America post WWII: the absurdity of their politics, the decline of their society and their great cities, the greed and hypocrisy of their business and culture - with the same ferocious humour as Catch-22. This vel is a stunning achievement; a chilling, darkly funny depiction of the moral collapse of the Western world.
- Author BiographyJoseph Heller was born in Brooklyn in 1923. He began his career with short stories but won immediate acclaim with CATCH-22 in 1961. He went on to write SOMETHING HAPPENED, GOOD AS GOLD, GOD KNOWS, PICTURE THIS, CLOSING TIME (the sequel to CATCH-22) and PORTRAIT OF AN ARTIST AS AN OLD MAN. Heller died in December 1999.
- Author(s)Joseph Heller
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleAn American Classic
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.