All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat exactly is a cloud-native platform? It's certainly a hot topic in IT, as enterprises today assess this option for developing and delivering software quickly and repeatedly. This O'Reilly report explains the capabilities of cloud-native platforms and examines the fundamental changes enterprises need to make in process, organization, and culture if they're to take real advantage of this approach. Author Duncan Winn focuses on the open source platform Cloud Foundry, one of the more prominent cloud-native providers. You'll learn how cloud-native applications are designed to be infrastructure unaware so they can thrive and move at will in the highly distributed and constantly evolving cloud environment.With this report, you'll explore: Technical driving forces that are rapidly changing the way organizations develop and deliver software today How key concepts underpinning the Cloud Foundry platform leverage each of the technical forces discussed How cloud-native platforms remove the requirement to perform undifferentiated heavy lifting, such as provisioning VMs, middleware, and databases Why cloud-native platforms enable fast feedback loops as you move from agile development to agile deployment Recommended changes and practical considerations for organizations that want to build cloud-native applications.
- Author BiographyWith a deep passion for enterprise operations and development, Duncan has been working on Cloud Foundry for Pivotal since Pivotal formed in 2013. He currently works with numerous companies ranging from telco, health, industrial, retail and finance to help them architect hardened Cloud Foundry environments and related services to get the most out of an Agile Platform in a production setting. Prior to moving to the US, he was the EMEA Cloud Foundry Developer Advocate for Pivotal. He organized the London Cloud Foundry MeetUp and ran Pivotal's UK Field Engineering team. He is very active in the Cloud Foundry community and runs a weekly blog: thisweekincf.com.
- Author(s)Duncan C. E. Winn
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight120 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.