All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionCluster analysis is a multivariate classification technique that allows for identification of homogeus subgroups within diverse samples based on shared characteristics. In recent years, cluster analysis has been increasingly applied to psychological and neuropsychological variables to address a number of empirical questions. This book provides an overview of cluster analysis, including statistical and methodological considerations in its application to neurobehavioral variables. First, an introduction to cluster analysis is presented that emphasizes issues of relevance to neuropsychological research, including controversies surrounding it use. Cluster analysis is then applied to clinical disorders that do t have an associated prototypical neuropsychological profile, including traumatic brain injury, schizophrenia, and health problems associated with homelessness. In a second application, cluster analysis is used to investigate the course of rmal memory development. Finally, cluster analysis is applied to classification of brain injury severity in children and adolescents who sustained traumatic brain injury.
- Author BiographyDaniel N. Allen, Ph.D., is professor in the Department of Psychology at University of Nevada Las Vegas. He has published more than 125 scientific papers addressing various aspects of clinical neuropsychology and psychopathology. He has received national recognition for his work in the area of clinical neuropsychology, as evidenced by a number of prestigious awards, including the Nelson Butters Award and the Early Career Award from the National Academy of Neuropsychology. He has also received the Barrick Distinguished Scholar Award and the William Morris Award for Excellence in Scholarship from the University of Nevada Las Vegas. Gerald Goldstein, Ph.D., is senior research career scientist at the VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System. He has received numerous honors and awards for his contributions to clinical neuropsychology, and has served the field in a variety of highly visible leadership positions, including President of the National Academy of Neuropsychology, President of the Clinical Neuropsychology Division (40) of the American Psychological Association, and President of the International Neuropsychological Society. Dr. Goldstein has authored more than 300 scientific papers.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/05/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byDaniel N. Allen,Gerald Goldstein
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.