All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's question about it: your children are the most important thing in your life. But if you have gone through a messy divorce, your relationship with your children may become strained if you have to deal with a toxic ex. Your ex may bad-mouth you in front of the kids, accuse you of being a bad parent, and even attempt to replace you in the children's lives with a new partner. As a result, your children may become confused, conflicted, angry, anxious, or depressed-and you may feel powerless. In Co-parenting with a Toxic Ex, a nationally recognized parenting expert offers you a positive parenting approach to dealing with a hostile ex-spouse. You'll learn to avoid the most common mistakes of coparenting, how to avoid parental alienation syndrome, and effective techniques for talking to your children in a way that fosters open and honest response. In addition, you'll learn how to protect your children from painful loyalty conflicts between you and your ex-spouse. Divorce is often painful, especially if your ex habitually tries to undermine your relationship with your children. But with the right tools you can protect your kids and make your relationship with them stronger than ever. This book can show you how. You can find out more about this book and about author Amy J.L. Baker at www.amyjlbaker.com.
- Author BiographyAmy J.L. Baker, PhD, is a national expert on children caught in loyalty conflicts and has written a seminal book on the topic, Adult Children of Parental Alienation Syndrome, a professional book published by WW Norton. She conducts trainings around the country for parents and legal and mental health professionals, has written dozens of scholarly articles on topics related to parent-children relationships, and has appeared on national TV such as Good Morning America, CNN, and the Joy Behar Show. She has been quoted in the New York Times and U.S. News and World Report, among other print media outlets. Baker graduated from Barnard College, Suma Cum Laude, and Phi Beta Kappa. She has a PhD in human development from Teachers College of Columbia University. More information is available on her website at www.amyjlbaker.com. Paul R. Fine, LCSW, is a licensed clinical social worker and psychotherapist in practice at a community mental health center in northern New Jersey. He has over 25 years' experience working with diverse populations. His practice includes an eclectic and humanistic approach to problems faced by individuals and families.
- Author(s)Amy J. L. Baker,Paul R. Fine
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight304 g
- Width158 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.