All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.69
About this product
- DescriptionThis book of 60 daily readings is the result of one-on-one conversations between basketball's legendary coach and teacher, John Wooden, and Jay Carty, former Laker and one time Wooden assistant. Each of the two page readings contains life wisdom from the Coach, application and reflection from Jay and a daily Scripture reading and prayer.
- Author Biography<b>John Wooden</b> was a high school and college coach for forty years. During that time, his teams won more than 80 percent of their games. From 1948 to 1975, his UCLA Bruins teams claimed 10 NCAA national championships, including seven in a row, and at one time won 88 consecutive games. Wooden is in the Basketball Hall of Fame, both as a player and a coach. He originated the Pyramid of Success and was the coauthor with Jay Carty of the bestseller <i>Coach Wooden One-on-One</i>. Coach and his wife, Nellie, were married 53 years when she passed away in 1985. Coach lived to be 99 years of age, passing away on June 4, 2010. <b>Joy Carty</b> has played for the Los Angeles Lakers, coached basketball at his alma mater, Oregon State, and been a part of John Wooden's UCLA coaching staff. After hanging up his basketball shoes, Carty entered ministry. For twenty-five years he has been a traveling preacher and has written seven books, including <i>Counter-attack</i> and <i>Playing with Fire</i>. Jay and his wife, Mary, live in Santa Barbara, California.
- Author(s)Jay Carty,John Wooden
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRevell, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.