All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical manual presents an evidence-based coaching model for helping students whose academic performance is suffering due to deficits in executive skills, including time and task management, planning, organization, impulse control, and emotional regulation. In just a few minutes a day, coaches can provide crucial support and instruction tailored to individual students' needs. From leading experts, the book provides detailed guidelines for incorporating coaching into a response-to-intervention framework, identifying students who can benefit, conducting each session, and monitoring progress. Special topics include how to implement a classwide peer coaching program. More than three dozen reproducible assessment tools, forms, and handouts are featured; the large-size format and lay-flat binding facilitate photocopying. Purchasers also get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials. See also the authors' Work-Smart Academic Planner: Write It Down, Get It Done, designed for middle and high school students to use in conjunction with coaching, plus the authoritative Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Second Edition. Also from Dawson and Guare: Smart but Scattered parenting guides and a self-help guide for adults. This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series.
- Author BiographyPeg Dawson, EdD, is a staff psychologist at the Center for Learning and Attention Disorders in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, where she works with children and adults. Dr. Dawson is a past president of the New Hampshire Association of School Psychologists, the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), and the International School Psychology Association, and a recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from NASP. With Richard Guare, she is coauthor of bestselling books for general readers, including Smart but Scattered, Smart but Scattered Teens, and The Smart but Scattered Guide to Success (with a focus on adults). Drs. Dawson and Guare are also coauthors of The Work-Smart Academic Planner, Revised Edition, and books for professionals including Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Second Edition. Richard Guare, PhD, is Director of the Center for Learning and Attention Disorders in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Dr. Guare's research and publications focus on the understanding and treatment of learning and attention difficulties. He is a neuropsychologist and board-certified behavior analyst who frequently consults to schools and agencies. With Peg Dawson, he is coauthor of bestselling books for general readers, including Smart but Scattered, Smart but Scattered Teens, and The Smart but Scattered Guide to Success (with a focus on adults). Drs. Guare and Dawson are also coauthors of The Work-Smart Academic Planner, Revised Edition, and books for professionals including Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Second Edition.
- Author(s)Peg Dawson,Richard Guare
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication16/03/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleGuilford Practical Intervention in the Schools
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight534 g
- Width203 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.