Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionElectronic Inspection Copy available for instructors here Coaching and Mentoring: A Critical Text is a unique contribution to the field. It traces coaching influences back to pre-modern times showing connections with 'soul healers' of the past, taking a journey through modernity to post-modernity making links that helps us better understand coaching today. Positioning coaching as working between the 'wounded-self' (of therapeutic culture) and 'celebrated-self' (of the human potential movement), it reveals four discourses that underpin contemporary coaching practice: The Soul Guide Coach: coaching the 'inner-self', focusing on values, authenticity and identity. The Psy Coach: coaching the 'outer-self', using psychological techniques to focus on personal performance and how we relate to others. The Managerial Coach, coaching the 'role-self', focusing on work, task, output and productivity. The Network Coach, coaching the 'networked-self', focusing on the wider networks in which we live and work. This vital new book brings a fresh and critical perspective on coaching and mentoring, challenging its taken-for-granted assumptions and narratives. It is written by a practitioner-scholar, and develops an exciting vision for coaching today. Key features: - Accounts for the diverse influences on contemporary coaching practice - Reveals how coaching is the new 'post-modern confessional' - Develops a meta-theory of coaching that acts as a baseline for future developments - Offers frames of thinking to guide coaching and mentoring practitioners and educators.
- Author BiographySimon is currently director of Analytic-Network Coaching Ltd, offering a researched and innovative new coaching process, that aims to transform the way coaching impacts on both individuals and organizations. He works strategically with CEOs and leadership teams in complex environments, such as banks and hospital eco-systems to implement whole-system changes. A-Nc Ltd has developed accessible and effective OD change processes, delivered through distributed leadership networks, whilst working with strategic coaching to CEOs and senior teams. This dual approach recognizes the need for alignment and full engagement between senior leaders and employees throughout the organization, to create dynamic and sustainable change. Recent clients include London Business School, Global OD Team HSBC Bank, CEO of international bank, CEO and leadership teams in the NHS, Education sector, not-for-profit organizations and SMEs. Simon draws on an unusually diverse and rich work experience, having previously worked in a factory, as a general and psychiatric nurse, psycho-therapist and Family Therapist, a clinical NHS manager, organizational consultant, executive coach, academic and company director.
- Author(s)Simon Western
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/07/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.