All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book celebrates two important aspects of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. (1) For those involved in any aspect of Olympism, and particularly coaches and athletes, London 2012 was about realising dreams, achieving success and participating in competitive sport at the highest level. This book sets out some of these dreams and the part coaches play in this. (2) The book also looks at the tion of 'coaching-for-performance' and does this from an international and multi-sport perspective. From interviews with Olympic coaches, the experiences of those working in the field of high performance and from applied sport researchers, the book uses the metaphor of the 'coach-as-alchemist' in order to capture the dynamics of coach-athlete relationships and performance. Sports such as diving, swimming, gymnastics, skiing are included as well as individual and team sports. The book is set within the context of elite sport, high performance and coaching. Its contents illuminate two important kinds of reflective practice: (a) Reflection-ON-action (b) Reflection-FOR-action. The style of presentation includes narratives, reflective conversations, ethgraphic work, interview analysis and video-clips available on-line. This book was published as a special issue of Reflective Practice.
- Author BiographySarah Lee is Subject Leader of Applied Sport Science, University West of England, Hartpury, UK and an elite netball coach. Martin Dixon is a Lecturer in Sport Coaching and Professional Development, Staffordshire University, UK and UEFA-licensed football coach. Tony Ghaye is a positive psychologist and Director, Reflective Learning-International, Gloucester, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byMartin Dixon,Sarah Lee,Tony Ghaye
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.